Baca, Ron and Carlo

Ron Baca of Newport Avenue in South Attleboro and his son Carlo, who is disabled.

ATTLEBORO — A disabled veteran and his son, who suffers from a crippling condition, are getting more time to find a new home.

Ron Baca, 74, and his son Carlo, 41, had been facing eviction Friday from the South Attleboro home they have lived in for the past 20 years. But on Tuesday in Housing Court in Taunton, they were given another 30 days to find a new place to live.

Ron Baca said the landlord did not oppose the order. The Bacas were the subject of a recent story in The Sun Chronicle.

“We’re a little better off now than we were last week,” the father said.

Baca said he’s especially grateful for contributions he and his son received on the GoFundMe website toward rent and deposits on a new apartment, which he said now total more than $5,000.

Baca said he has appointments to see two apartments Wednesday and is hopeful that he and his son will be able to move to a new apartment within the next month.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.