A unique musical and ecological tour, the Massachusetts Walking Tour, is coming through many Attleboro area towns this month as it wends its way along the Ten Mile River Watershed.
Each stop will feature free, family-friendly, acoustic concerts with local artists and tour members who carry their instruments as they go from town to town.
Since 2010, songwriters Mark Mandeville and Raianne Richards have organized over 100 free community concerts each June which showcase local artists and musicians. The tour will cover about 100 miles and participants will travel completely on foot while carrying roughly 50 pounds of gear and instruments.
Concerts will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- June 19, Federated Church of Norfolk
- June 20, Boyden Library, Foxboro
- June 21, South Common, Mansfield
- June 22, LL Bean, Mansfield, with book signing 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- June 23, Wrentham Senior Center
- June 24, Telford Park, Plainville
- June 26, First Congregational Church, North Attleboro
- June 27, Attleboro Public Library
- June 28, Seekonk Meadows, Seekonk
More information: www.masswalkingtour.org