With Founders Day set for Saturday, organizers have released a schedule of activities for the day-long event.
The theme for the event, now in its 31st year, is “What Foxboro means to me.” Attendees are encouraged to fill out a postcard the day of the event at the Founders Day booth, which will then be displayed.
Here is the line-up of the day’s events:
• 9:40 a.m. Boys and Girls Wagon and Doll Carriage Parade begins near Memorial Hall on Foxboro Common. Please see below for registration details. (If there’s rain, this will take place at the Marilyn Rodman Performing Arts Center at 1 School St.)
• 10 a.m. The parade kicks off.
• 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Stop by Booth Playground for games, raffles, crafts and food. (Please note that free shuttle services will be available at select stops).
• 11 a.m. Norfolk County Sherffit’s Department Distracted Driving Simulator
• Noon to 1 p.m. Foxboro Fire Department house fire demonstration
• 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Scavenger Hunt (See below for more details. Maps on sale at Founders Day Booth at 12:30 p.m.)
• 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. Live music by “Divas With a Twist.”
• 8:30 to 8:45 p.m. Founders Day raffle winners announced
• 8:45 to 8:50 p.m. Pledge of allegiance
• 8:50 to 9 p.m. National Anthem
• 9 to 9:30 p.m. Fireworks
Important parade information:
The parade will begin at 132 Central St. at 10 a.m. It will be headed by fire engines traveling up Central Street to the Common. It will then swing onto Mechanic Street to Railroad Avenue and then up Bird Street. From there, the parade will pass the Marilyn Rodman Performing Arts Center and down South Street to the entrance of the Booth Playground opposite Union Street. Please note, the parade can be loud! For those who might be sensitive to noise, there is a mandatory “quiet area” for all parade participants that begins at the beginning of South Street, near Bank of America.
If the weather is poor on Founders Day, a decision will be made by 7 a.m. on whether or not to cancel the parade. To check, tune into Foxboro Cable Access’ local channel, call 508-837-4500 or check the Founders Day’s Facebook page.
Wagon and Doll Carriage Parade
A longstanding Foxboro tradition, the annual Founders Day Wagon and Doll Carriage Parade for boys and girls ages 3- to 9-years-old will begin at 9:40 a.m. Pre-registration is encouraged at Memorial Hall, but if you can’t register beforehand, you can still do so at 9:15 a.m. To pre-register, email or call the parade’s chair, Krystn Gustafson at Krystn.email@example.com or 508-838-4898.
With this year’s theme being “What Foxboro Means to Me,” there’s countless ways to design a winning entry. Prize ribbons will be awarded for most creative, most original and best decorated related to this year’s theme. Every participant will receive a ribbon
Enjoy the thrill of finding hidden treasure? This year, Founders Day will be holding a scavenger hunt from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Maps will go on sale for $2 each at the Founders Day booth. Participants will use the map to collect stickers, then return the map to the Founders Day booth to pick up a prize. All entrants who turn in their map will also be entered into a drawing for a Patriots Place Prize Package. Three drawings will be held, one for each age group (Ages 3-6, 7-11 and 12 and up).
Shuttle service schedule
Last year, the Founders Day Committee introduced a new, free shuttle service to make it easier for attendees to travel to and from the day’s activities. The shuttle is back again this year. One shuttle will run all day, and two shuttles run during the busiest times (before and immediately after the parade and at the end of the day as people gear up for the fireworks.) Please keep in mind, shuttles stick to a strict route and cannot make special stops, pickups or drop-offs on request. Shuttle service begins around 8:30 a.m. Service stops during the parade and picks back up right after. Service will also be available for immediately after the fireworks
• 132 Central St. (This is where shuttle service begins. After it stops at Foxboro High School, it will immediately loop back around to 132 Central St.)
• 54 Central St (TD Bank)
• At the head of Foxborough Common, end of Central Street.
• Marilyn Rodman Performing Arts Center at 1 School St.
• The corner of Bird Street and Railroad Ave.
• Foxboro High School.
• Booth Playground Field at the end of Union Street. (Please keep in mind that parking at or entering the parking lot adjacent to School Street to pick up passengers is prohibited unless you have a parking pass — this is strictly enforced.)
Do’s and Don’ts
PLEASE DO: Bring lawn chairs, blankets and sunscreen
PLEASE DO: Drop off Wagon and Doll Carriage Parade participants at Memorial Hall at 9:15 a.m.
PLEASE DO NOT: Throw candy or items from moving vehicles — this presents a major safety hazard.
PLEASE DO NOT: Bring your dog (This includes leashed).
PLEASE DO NOT: Ride bicycles on the Booth Playground’s fields.
PLEASE DO NOT: Bring SQUIRT GUNS OR SILLY STRING to any Founders Day event.
PLEASE DO NOT: Park on private property without permission.
PLEASE DO NOT: Park in restricted areas (blocking fire lanes, driveways, fire hydrants or handicapped parking.)
PLEASE DO NOT: Bring alcoholic beverages to Founders Day.
Committee members note that this schedule is subject to change.
For more on this year’s activities and an updated list of parade and field participants, visit FoxboroughFoundersDay.com or the organization’s Facebook page @FoxboroughFoundersDay.