WRENTHAM — Mia Valencia fired a straight-set shutout at No. 3 singles as the King Philip Regional girls’ tennis team took a 5-0 Hockomock League victory over Attleboro High Wednesday.
The Warriors won each of their three singles matches in straight sets as Erin Regnier, at No. 1 singles, and Katarina Schneider, at No. 2 singles, dropped one game each.
KP (11-3) hosts Taunton Thursday while Attleboro (3-9) visits Franklin.
- Senior Hannah Podolske and junior Sam Sternberg won the decisive third set of their No. 1 doubles match 6-2 for the decisive third team point as Mansfield (9-7) qualified for the MIAA Tournament with a 3-2 decision over Oliver Ames. Lizzy Elsner and Ariana Khosravani won their No. 1 and 3 singles matches for the Hornets, who host King Philip Friday.
- Chloe Burke and Katie Cabral both took the second sets of their singles matches 6-4 to guide Bishop Feehan (7-6) to a 4-1 victory in a non-league match at Dighton-Rehoboth. The Shamrocks host Cohasset Friday, while the Falcons travel to Bishop Feehan Monday.
- Sarah Pragg (6-0, 6-0), Maggie McAuliffe (6-3, 6-3) and Kendal Milendar (6-0, 6-2) won their singles matches for Foxboro (14-1) in a 5-0 Hockomock League victory over Stoughton. Paige Krocka and Nehan Jamula won their No. 1 doubles match 6-0, 6-1, while Maria Shelapa and Lindsey Young won their No. 2 doubles match 6-0, 6-1.
Junior Macy Anderson took a first-set tiebreaker 7-1 to win her No. 3 singles match as Seekonk (5-6) kept its postseason hopes alive with a 3-2 victory over Fairhaven in a South Coast Conference match. The Warriors host Case Wednesday.
- Senior Tara Nair earned a straight-set victory at No. 1 singles as North Attleboro took a 4-1 Hockomock League verdict over Milford High. Nair dropped a mere one game in each set while the No. 2 doubles team of Jayli Carmichael Liana Nichols fired a first-set shutout in their two-set win. North Attleboro (6-6) will host Canton on Friday.
- Norton (6-8) won only four games among the three singles matches to drop a 5-0 Tri-Valley League match to Hopkinton. The Lancers meet Norwood Wednesday.
King Philip 5, Attleboro 0: Erin Regnier (KP) def. Ella Lynch-Bartek 6-1, 6-0; Katarina Schneider (KP) Brianna Aronne 6-0, 6-1; Mia Valencia (KP) def. Jill See 6-0, 6-0; Grace Ely-Meghan Powers (KP) def. Lauren Anthony-Nicole Matheson 6-3, 1-6, 6-1; Laura Davenport-Katie Welch (KP) def. Jordan Benardo-Rena Danho 6-4, 6-2.
Bishop Feehan 4, Dighton-Rehoboth 1: Chloe Burke (BF) def. Emma Wheeler 6-0, 6-4; Emily Gagnon (DR) def. Ashley Stefanik 6-3, 6-4; Katie Cabral (BF) def. Meghan Riley 6-3, 6-4; Ally Eagan-Grace Borden (BF) def. Emma Conti-Taylor Remy 6-1, 6-2; Emily Galucci-Ellie Kominiarek (BF) def. Skylar Botehlo-Taylor Jones 6-2, 6-4.
North Attleboro 4, Milford 1: Tara Nair (NA) Ashlyn Oliberi 6-1, 6-1; Julianna France (M) def. Mae McLaughlin 1-6, 6-5, 10-7; Olivia Wills (NA) def. Olivia Marshall 6-4, 6-0; Sam Martino-Haley Strom (NA) def. Reese Gavlick-Caroline Middlecoat 6-1, 6-2; Jayli Carmichael-Liana Nichols (NA) def. Ketny Sousa-Cristiello Prado 6-0, 6-3.
Mansfield 3, Oliver Ames 2: Lizzy Elsner (M) def. Sarah Leger 6-1, 6-4; Moura Kiernan (OA) def. Kate Martin 6-1, 6-1; Ariana Khosravani (M) def. Erica Mekler 6-3, 6-2; Hannah Podolske-Sam Sternburg (M) def. Eva Belanger-Morgan Vasilia 6-4, 2-6, 6-2; Kate McCormick-Sarah Morley (OA) def. Alex Burnham-Lauren Hobaica 6-4, 2-6, 7-5..
Hopkinton 5, Norton 0: Jane Stillwell (H) def. Christina Phillips 6-0, 6-1; Maya Storm (H) def. Olivia McConnell 6-2, 6-1; Maddie DeMascia (H) def. Vicki Tran 6-0, 6-0; Kate Labasse-Riley Makkater (H) def. Zeina DelGado-Tanya Shah 6-1, 6-2; Rachel Kessler-Victoria Allen (H) def. Caitlyn Bailey-Kendall Petitpas 6-0, 6-2.
Seekonk 3, Fairhaven 2: Charlotte Drainville (S) def. Ally Succia 6-3, 6-2; Bella Pezzulli (S) def. Myra Yin 6-1, 6-2; Macy Anderson (S) def. Sophia Beltran 7-6 (1), 6-3; Caroline Lemieux-Olivia Maciel (F) def. Sarah Cabral-Hanna Saisselin 6-4, 6-2; Kendall Chace-Sara DeSousa (F) def. Lilly MacDonald-Jessica Elkhoury 6-1, 6-2.